Friday, November 12, 2010

"There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going."

Proverbs 13:4, "The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied." (NIV)

Proverbs 31:27, "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." (NIV)

Ecclesiastes 10:18, "Through laziness, the rafters sag; because of idle hands, the house leaks." (NIV)

"There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going."

I read this today and I was stunned that it would come to my attention on the day that I so fought being lazy. I skipped out on my exercise yesterday due to the pain in my ankle and it was worth it. I was feeling a ton better by last night. So this morning I forced myself out of bed and in to my clothes and out the door to the gym. UGH! I did not want to go. I think I went over every excuse in the book right up to the point where my butt hit the seat on the stationary bike.

I would love to say that once I started going I felt better and worked out with force. BUT, that would be a lie. I fought with my own thoughts the entire 30min I was there. I did a terrible workout and my thigh muscle is killing me (Think I pulled something). It was not fun. I do not feel better. However, I wasn't lazy and I did do something.

So, what was the point if I am still feeling tired and hurting? I did it. I have a goal that I want to accomplish and I cannot accomplish that goal by sitting on my butt all day. I have to push myself and I am not always going to like it. Matter of fact, some days I absolutely HATE it! However, one day when I put on that size 16/18 jeans, or I take a run with my wonderful husband, or I sit all nice in comfy in an airplane seat. It will all be worth it.

So these scriptures about laziness really opened my eyes.

1) There really is something in the Bible for every situation is you just look.

2) I may not always like what I have to do but if I just follow through the end goal will be achieved

Hope this inspires you to get up and do something today!




No comments:

Post a Comment