Friday, December 10, 2010

Fighting the good fight

So, its been a few weeks since I have been on here. Life has been..... well, life! LOL, things get busy and sometimes complicated but unless God calls us home we just keep on trucking through.

In the last few weeks I have learned a lot about myself and what I can handle. It's funny to me that I look at my past life and see that I have survived so much and yet I still tend to have a breakdown when things happen that through my life for a curve. How easy we forget what God has already done for us when trials hit us. How very human of us! LOL,

I am so glad that God knows me and He doesn't give up on me. So thankful that God doesn't take my feelings and concerns lightly. So glad that He doesn't laugh at my feelings or put me down because I have them. He loves me despite me. He loves me enough to let me get my feelings out then gently correct me and show me the reality behind those feelings.

My feelings have been hurt lately and I let myself become consumed by the issue. However, God in all His greatness stepped in, hugged me tightly, kissed my boo-boo, and then showed me what I can do to during this time. So, now I am in recovery mode. God is still healing me but my focus is no longer on the hurt or the people who inflected it. My focus is on God, my shelter, my rock.

Psalms 144
"1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me."

I have learned to always be prayed up and ready for the attack. We should always be ready for the war people. The devil isn't playing around God tells us in His word

1st Peter 5: 8-10
"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil
prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, standing firm in the faith,
because you know that the family of believers throughout
the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ,
after you have suffered a little while,
will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen"


I am now on the offense instead of the defense. Where I should have already been. D'uh! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment