Friday, December 10, 2010

Great news!

I am pretty excited that I am only 5lbs away from hitting my Christmas weight loss goal. Oh, and I had some blood pressure issues creep up on me this past May BUT to God be the glory I haven't had to take a BP pill is over 2 weeks. That is the best thing ever. My whole reason for weight loss surgery is not so I will have a super model body or fit in a certain pair of jeans. My reason was that I need to be a healthier me.

Most of you who know me know that I have always been a hottie even at my biggest weight. ;) It's true and no, self-esteem has never been my issue. LOL However, genetics set me up for some major illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart conditions, strokes, and probably more that I don't know of. Obesity increases the risk of these diseases as well as adding muscle loss, joint pain, etc.

So, everyday that I can do things a little easier like walk/jog a little faster or jump on the floor and play with my gorgeous little boy, I am grateful to God for this surgery and for giving me the strength to work this band!

No comments:

Post a Comment